Saturday, December 17, 2005

On wishing

For a long time, I used to wake up early. I have fallen out of the habit in recent months, because G and U are night owls and set their office hours to suit themselves. Many times in the last weeks, I have been still in the office at an hour when I would normally long since have been asleep.

Philip recently did a guest turn as Santa, and asked readers to post their wish lists (with a photo of himself sitting comfortably outside in a sweater, on a day when I had struggled home through snow and freezing rain).

I wished (among other things) to get back to my usual routine of rising early in the morning.

And promptly woke up today before six a.m.

"Be careful what you wish for, it might come true."

4 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

I echo the "be careful what you wish for" sentiment. I hope you're able to get back to the routine you want, but also that you are able to get enough sleep.

December 17, 2005 at 11:03:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Yikes.

I keep waking up early and I alternate between hating and loving it. It's nice sometimes to be awake and look out over the city and the bright lights and wonder about the cars I see - where are they going, etc. Plus I can catch up on my blog reading.

But other times, it just makes me really tired.

December 17, 2005 at 12:44:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Up by 0530 every morning I have to work. Hate it when I wake then on my days off.

But really, time ain't nothin' but a thang.

December 17, 2005 at 10:18:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

So you're turning into a lark again! I didn't know birds metamorphosed, but that is a good system. Your circadian rhythums will get used to it. It's a great time for wishes.

December 18, 2005 at 10:37:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home