Thursday, December 01, 2005

Busy

I can summarize this week in a four-sentence conversation that took place at lunch today.

G: ... so you can have tomorrow off.

Udge: That's good, because I feel a cold coming on. I'll spend tomorrow in bed and hopefully be fit for work again on Friday.

G: Tomorrow is Friday.

This has been a very busy week to end a very busy month, and the strain is showing. I am trying hard to convince myself that I do not have a really miserable cold or flu, without particular success.

There are a dozen blog posts ripening going soft in my head, but by the time I get home from work all I want to do is sleep.

And the first one to ask me about this will get coughed on. Not one word! how humiliating. Not that I was idle, mind you: I wrote pages of stuff during the month, just not a novel. However I did lots of good research and have a concept ready for next year, Insh'Allah.

3 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

I hope that you get rested up and that you feel better soon. Being sick is just plain awful.

December 2, 2005 at 2:58:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

OK, Johnny said to say hi rather than just come by.
But celebrating snow? Guess you live in the right place.

December 2, 2005 at 3:17:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Some bizarre impulse compels me to admit that the only reason I know the meaning of Insh'Allah is from years of translating Arabian horse names. But I'm glad that at least I know it somehow! And I am SO glad you commented on my site, so I'd know to come here--I love it!

December 5, 2005 at 9:27:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home