Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wasted day

A very clever person once said, "There is no limit to the amount of work that a procrastinator can get done, as long as it isn't the work (s)he should be doing." (points to himself, nods wisely) I've been busy as hell all day, and have even finished off a few useful tasks; but the one thing that I should have done, the task that was already urgent last month, the thing that has my colleages shouting and hammering their telephones on the desk, the thing for which I arranged a day off from the architects' in order to complete: I did not even think about it.

I have been putting off writing a software-download section of my database's website for half a year now. I have no idea why I don't want to do this, but I clearly have a major kick-ass (my own ass, alas) resistance to it. Instead of this, I have written a dozen e-mails, stroked a few customers' egos, solved two or three minor problems that have been gathering dust for days, read a few dozen blogs, and to crown it all have just eaten the worst meal that I have yet cooked with my own hands. Soggy rice, fish barely warmed through - but still so hot on the outside that it burned my tongue.

It must be full moon.

In other news, winter has arrived. The weather forecast is for "snow above 500 metres", meaning that the hills around Stuttgart will be white tonight (but not down here in the valley). Hooray!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Cox said...

You're welcome. Now quit blaming the innocent moon and get your ass back to work. :)

November 16, 2005 at 9:08:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Poor Udge. I don't want to work either. Unfortunately there is no way to put off answering the phone.

November 17, 2005 at 4:59:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but did you get any snow at all? They forecasted heavy snow here, too, but at the end of the day it's been nothing but warm sunshine.

November 17, 2005 at 10:06:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

No snow, neither here in the valley nor on the hills (as far as I could tell). One often sees cars driving into town snow on the roof, but nothing today. I guess the forecast meant "it's cold enough for snow should there happen to be any precipitation".

OTOH warm sunshine was also distinctly lacking: grey and blah.

November 17, 2005 at 10:28:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home