Saturday, November 05, 2005

Awake

... and waiting for the milk to boil. Hot chocolate comes high on my list of comfort foods.

It's been quite a while since this has happened, this is the first time since the summer. (By the way, has anyone else noticed the appallingly high suckitude of the "Search this blog" tool in the blue bar up top? I just asked it to find "insomnia": zero results. So I asked Google to find "insomnia" on my blog: twelve results. The prosecution rests.)

The last time I blogged about this was on 31 July, and the circumstances these nights are only somewhat similar: Tea drinking late at night? true. Waxing early-crescent moon? both true and false (the Germans say jein combining ja and nein) it usually happens at half-full. Running the computers late? true, I put them to sleep at around 23:00 soon after signing off the previous post. Social disappointments? false, I think (happy events which I will describe another time), unless I am secretly disappointed that nothing has (yet) come of those events. Vivid recursive dreams? oh yeah!

What to do? Drink up and go back to bed. Sweet dreams be yours, dears, if dreams there be.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

It's 5:55 AM and I woke up at about 5:30. Not sure why but I keep waking up earlier and earlier and am not able to go back to sleep. It kind of sucks.

Hot chocolate sounds lovely. I haven't had any made with milk for a long time. Might be time to pay a visit to the coffee shop again one of these days.

I've noticed the problem with the search this blog as well. I swear it only uses the first page. Which is stupid.

Hope you get some sleep soon.

November 5, 2005 at 12:57:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Anxious said...

Yep, I noticed how sucky the search was too. There were things I *knew* I'd written, but it wouldn't find them.

November 6, 2005 at 4:46:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

It boggles my mind how much truly Google's "search this blog" tool doth suck. I tried it three times, and have consigned it to the dustbin. All I have to do is Google "postmodern sass" plus a couple of keywords and I can find the direct link to any of my stories.

Google search engine. Google blog search engine. Same name.... well, I suppose it could just be a coincidence. ;-)

November 9, 2005 at 3:55:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home