Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Better

Slowly but surely. The doc prescribed antibiotics, which is unusual for him: we usually stick to "natural" drugs which seem to work as well, but he considered this case to require the big guns. We shall see. The sore throat is almost gone, my lungs are clear, there's just the sinus infection left to deal with - and the residual tiredness to make good.

He's a good doctor and an interesting man, by the way, I like him well. We recently met by chance (although the Germans say, "nothing in life happens just by chance", it's all interconnected and it all has a meaning) at lunchtime on Sunday of the seminar, he was there with his wife to spend the evening in a sweat lodge ceremony. We talked about this yesterday, he said that it had been a marvellous, enlightening experience.

Last night, I put down my book, noted that it was 10:50 and said to myself "nine hours sounds about right, wake up at eight tomorrow". On waking this morning, I remembered what I had said and looked at the alarm clock: 7:55. (I then dozed until 8:30, but that's another story.)

I shall go to the architects' this afternoon for a few hours. I feel that it is too early, but they have a major presentation on Thursday morning and my guilt gland is throbbing.

3 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I tend to avoid doctors unless I need the antibiotics. I'm glad you have such a good doctor and someone you enjoy.

December 6, 2005 at 11:11:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger trelif said...

Udge, I used to practice waking like that -- programming my brain to wake up X hours later ... it is odd how dependable it was. I don't do it so much now -- night-owl habits manke it harder. Have you tried lucid dreaming?

Stay healthy!

December 6, 2005 at 8:46:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I've never been able to wake myself like that. I'm horrible with clocks. I think it is because there are numbers on them and my brain thinks "Eek! Math! Run away, run away!"

Glad you're doing better.

December 8, 2005 at 11:23:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home