Friday, December 02, 2005

Sick

It's official, I have given up trying to pretend that all is well, la la la, and acknowledged that I am ill. The symptoms include (and feel free to go visit another blog at this point) a pounding headache, nausea, simultaneous shivering and sweating, wild sleep-disturbing dreams, sore throat, general aches and tiredness, and a mild fever (37.8°C = 100°F).

(Aside: I've just discovered a new key on my laptop, which is four three years old. The iBook does have a "numerical Enter" key after all. Duh.)

I have made a litre (!) of Yogi Tea, as recommended by Slim. A litre may not sound like much, but it overflowed my thermos flask. I shall be drinking this stuff and whining self-pityingly for the next few days.

On the other hand, Sally is visiting her brother in intensive care, where he recovers from a heart attack. My life isn't all that bad.

8 Comments:

Blogger trelif said...

Try miso soup with shiitakes or black mushrooms if your stomach can handle it. The healing power of fermented soybeans ...

And in another confessional moment: I worried about posting to you during the month of November because I said something mean about NaNoWriMo on my blog ... and then I felt bad and didn't want YOU especially to read what I said. Yes YOU!

December 2, 2005 at 8:45:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Aleah Sato said...

No healing advice except rest, a good book, and thick socks on your feet at all times. Get well soon!

December 2, 2005 at 9:14:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I agree with Jane Crow. A good book is essential.

Hope you feel better soon!

December 3, 2005 at 4:44:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

A good book, yes, and sleep. Lots of sleep. Have not found credible research data on the efficacy of virtual chicken soup, but I'm sending you some anyway (soup, not data).

December 3, 2005 at 8:49:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

I'm sorry that the icky feeling has decided to stick around. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I know from recent experience how horrible it is being sick. Curl up with a good book and just get better soon.

I adore that you found a numerical Enter key on your keyboard, even though I have no clue what that means. Now I am staring at my keyboard, trying to find new surprises.

December 3, 2005 at 10:19:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Rest. I have a friend who actually is a professional writer who failed nanowrimo one year, completed it another year, and has not tried it again. It's a tool, if it helped you at all, then you won. Really.

There is research that chicken soup really is good for colds and flu- fluid replacement stuff.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, welcome anytime.

December 3, 2005 at 8:30:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meet My Mother's Method: wrap a warm scarf around your head before going to sleep to keep your forehead warm. Also, tea with both lemon and honey. Get well soon!

December 4, 2005 at 7:17:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Thank you very much for all the good wishes, my dears, they warmed my heart and lightened my load.

Sleep, miso soup, echinacea, vitamin C, thick socks and wolly jumpers have all contributed to the improvement, as did a change in the weather. Chicken soup was for technical reasons not feasible (would have required too much walking) but I have noted the advice and will stock up next time I feel a cold approaching.

December 5, 2005 at 4:56:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home