Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Finished, said Sisyphus

After two weeks of more than full-time work, we posted the competition drawings last night with twelve minutes to spare. G will be out of the office for two days of on-site meetings, Thursday is a public holiday (Christi Himmelfahrt aka Ascension Day) and I'm taking Friday off (as one does). it's going to be a good week.

So, hey, I have a four-day weekend coming up. What to do? Several options are open:

1) Train to Paris, or for that matter to Nice. Haven't been there in a decade. (Weather online says "rainy and as cold as Germany." Ah well.)

2) Last-minute flight to Tel Aviv. (Just looked at prices, the cheapest flight on an airline that I would actually trust to convey my body and worldly goods costs 788€. Ah well.)

3) Train to Hamburg. I really liked the city, and it would be nice to see AY and Ingrid again. (Assuming they would be there and available/interested.)

4) Stay home and not answer the phone, spend the time in Second Life and/or playing Dragon Age: Origins and/or installing Ubuntu on my PC.

Number four is the clear favourite for many reasons geekish and practical. I could cook for myself instead of eating fast food or going to restaurants, after two weeks of competitioning this has a strong appeal. I could go to the Staatsgalerie for the first time in 2010. I could walk up to Vaihingen on the Blauer Weg, or down to the river, both for the first time in 2010. I could sleep in every day.

[Updated] I read this again and had to smile at myself. What a homebody geek I am, that I would choose staying in and cooking over going to Paris!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

Blimey, what does it say of me that I too had rather play Dragon Age than go to Paris? Been to Paris, wasn't much impressed. Dragon Age now... My stupid laptop won't play it, *sob*!

I'm glad the crisis-mode is finally over and whatever you choose to do, have fun doing it!

May 11, 2010 at 2:42:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

I'm restraining myself.

May 11, 2010 at 4:46:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Dale said...

:-) rest and regenerate any way you damn well please, that's my motto.

May 11, 2010 at 6:39:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Stay home and recover - we will always have our memories of Paris.

(what? we weren't there together? never mind)

May 11, 2010 at 7:36:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Pacian said...

That Blight isn't going to fight itself.

May 11, 2010 at 8:49:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Levant Lady said...

With crappy weather predicted for Europe, I'd probably stay home too! And the price for Tel Aviv sounds a bit steep; to bad!
Enjoy the nesting

May 13, 2010 at 8:59:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Agatha Macbeth said...

Why TF not? I'd do exactly the same! :)

May 16, 2010 at 1:36:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Well, I'm glad to know that I am in such good company!

May 16, 2010 at 2:14:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home