Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

Just a quickie, waiting for a lunch date with friends from high school. It's been mostly grand in Toronto, the "mostly" having to do with the usual mild annoyances that surface when families get together. Weather has been nasty, +4°C and rainy.

I'm flying to Germany tonight, the New Year will strike for me a few kilometres above eastern Quebec. Flying tonight was nearly 600 Euros cheaper than in the first days of January; much as I do like Lufthansa I saw no particular need to give them that money. Realized while printing out my boarding card for FFM that I have a six hour layover there tomorrow, midday to evening. Bah. Might just throw away my final ticket and take a train home, even on January 1 there should still be an ICE every two hours.

Harpier cries, 'tis time, 'tis time. Happy New Year, my dears, may 2010 treat you kindly. Gods and terrorists willing, my next post will be from home (Stuttgart).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

If family only treated each other as though they were friends, they would be close and warm, instead of prickly. But then, we don't choose our family, and often would not choose them to be our friends.

January 1, 2010 at 12:19:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Lioness said...

What does Philip Larkin say, your parents fuck you up, they don't mean to but they do? Substitute parents for family and there you go, jugular moments. (Right now, am ready to sell mother on ebay myself.)

Feliz ano novo, Udge dahling! May 2010 be filled with contentment, health and loveliness all around. Smooches!

January 1, 2010 at 4:49:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

You give a new meaning to getting high on New Year's Eve. Happy and healthy 2010, dear Udge.

January 1, 2010 at 12:59:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home