Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

Ho ho ho, and welcome to the season of indulgence. And various other things too, of course, but from where I half-recline right now, full to bursting of good food and very good wine (if I say so myself, having chosen and imported it double-bubblepack-wrapped quadruple-plastic-bagged and wadded up tightly in my clothes) the indulgence seems most evident.

I wish all my readers a pleasant holiday, in the mode and style of their choice.

What, that's not enough? OK, a weather report: it's +4°C and raining like hell. Bah.

Reading lots, finished Coupland's "jPod" (a work of meretricious beauty, less than the sum of its parts) and now reading Atwood's "The handmaid's tale" (darker, deeper, altogether more interesting, though I strongly suspect that it will not even remotely end with happily ever after).

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Best of the Season to you!

December 26, 2009 at 4:02:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some interesting synchronicity... I just started Handmaid's Tale also. We'll have to compare notes along the way. :)

Hope your Holiday of Indulgence was happy and filled with fun!

December 26, 2009 at 6:12:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Beth said...

Hi Udge, and merry holidays to you too. I started that Atwood and never finished it -- it was just too grim for me -- but I should go back and do it, being Canadian now and all. Enjoy all that good wine!

December 27, 2009 at 4:26:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Lioness said...

Hope you had a splendid Christmas, hope it stops raining and you can have your beloved snow! On the bright side, you're no longer freezing, yes?

Coupland wrote Microserfs, which remains thoroughly poignant and full of good things like hope and love and growth, I have long since forgiven him for all his other rubbish.

December 27, 2009 at 4:51:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Merry Christmas to you as well, glad you enjoyed yourself.

December 30, 2009 at 12:09:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home