Monday, January 25, 2010

Awake, part damn and blast

There is an especial poignancy to being awake at 3:30 on a day when I need to rise at 5:00.

One of these years I will learn to go to bed eight hours before I need to get out of bed, on days when I will be travelling. Not that this would help me now, of course, but it might generally be a useful thing to do.

As I mentioned last time, I am indeed about to fly to Malta for a short week (until Saturday) for a real-life meeting of Susan's Second Life meditation group. But I'm too damned tired to tell you about that. I must somehow get back to sleep.

[Updated nine hours later] I did manage to sleep another hour, rose at 5am, was at the airport at 6:22, and went to the gate to wait for my flight. And waited and waited and waited. And waited some more. Until finally at 9:15, two hours and ten minutes after it should have departed, the flight was cancelled. Stood in line for nearly two hours to rebook my tickets, got an evening flight on Air Malta. Now briefly home for breakfast and gathering a few things I forgot, before my sure-to-be-delightful six hour layover in FFM. Bah bloody humbug. Two inches of snow and the country grinds to a halt.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

There is some research that shows that not eating while traveling across time zones helps with jet lag.

No word about not sleeping the night before, sadly.

January 25, 2010 at 3:51:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Lioness said...

Oh! That sounds like fun! So sorry about the sleeping troubles, just survive it, enjoy it and come back to report it.

January 25, 2010 at 10:05:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Anil P said...

The night before the travel usually tends to be unsettled, often waking up in anticipation of the alarm going off even when there's ample time still left on the clock.

February 6, 2010 at 7:38:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Thank you for the encouragement, my dears.

Zhoen, your new hair suits you marvellously well.

Lioness, reports will be forthcoming.

Anil, welcome aboard, thanks for the kind words.

And last but not least, thanks to 明白 for my first-ever comment spam in Japanese. Cute as hell, but that didn't stop me deleting it.

February 6, 2010 at 5:26:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home