Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Meh.

There are days (today, for instance) when even apparently simple tasks (e.g. calling up to get a phone line reconnected) seem just too difficult to deal with. I don't know where to start.

There have been pleasant events recently, and there is big news to tell, but I'm just too far down to talk about that now.

It occurs to me that this is perhaps the start of the anticipated downturn following the retreat in Halifax last month (post-euphoric stress disorder, if you like), as happened this winter after the Malta retreat. As such, I should know from experience that it's nothing new and nothing to take too seriously. I will try to keep that in mind.

Sorry to be such a wet blanket.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Back home, tired and stressed by the return. Ah, rest up from the restful vacation

August 24, 2010 at 6:06:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

We all spend time as wet blankets. Squelch away.

But then pull yourself up with your big, good news.

August 25, 2010 at 1:47:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Dale said...

Retreats should come with warning labels: "The Surgeon General has determined that re-entry to the daily world will cause distress, disorientation, and disappointment."

August 25, 2010 at 8:02:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Thank you, my dears. I am always touched and comforted when you reply after my long silences. I haven't earned such good friends. <3

August 27, 2010 at 12:39:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home