Monday, July 30, 2007

In which it all (hopefully) blows over

So I've paid the back rent and spoken to my landlady's lawyer. He was actually surprised when I asked for an extension on the deadline to leave the apartment: having paid, I no longer need to move out. The business about not-renewing and must-vacate and such was all just lawyerism in case I forced them to go to court.

For this relief, much thanks.

Still to be addressed: the root cause of the problem: my laziness, my inadequate income, and my psychotic relationship to (panic fear of dealing with) money. Lioness writes about the difficulty of being a grown-up, well I have some issues in that regard too. Watch this space.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great news!
As regards growing up, we'll do it little by little.

July 30, 2007 at 3:25:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Jenni said...

glad you don't have to move....

July 30, 2007 at 3:31:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger moira said...

A personal finance class did wonders for decreasing our money anxiety.

July 31, 2007 at 8:26:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

I was coming to give Moira's advice. Some people just have the temperament to be frugal, some can be taught. Nothing like motivation to enhance learning.

August 1, 2007 at 12:44:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you and me both. We're behind on everything except the rent, but we pay that to friends, which means I'm a little more on the ball. But we've done some fancy financial footwork in the last two weeks to pay off our credit cards and fix the behind-ness, but it's taking every bit of my determination! Money sucks. I'm going to buy a book on personal finance, because then no one knows we've gone to a class. :-/

August 2, 2007 at 5:48:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Lioness said...

Oh Udge, I'm so sorry, it must have given you such a fright!

Growing up is overrated, I'm beginning to think.

August 3, 2007 at 4:32:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home