Monday, July 23, 2007

Poetry news

I've been giggling into my tea for the last ten minutes, thanks to the Little Professor who linked to a collection of famous poems rewritten as limericks. Start here to get the flavour, go here for some more, then read the Metafilterists' responses.

These are the best (in my humble opinion):
I came to a fork in the wood
Two paths there, one crappy, one good
I chose the baddun
I wish that I haddun
Cos now I am stuck in the mud
and, getting extra points for metaphysics:
In Xanadu, Kubla Khan's law
Caused a Pleasure Dome's towers to soar
Its lintels and newels
Were covered with jewels
And -- SHIT, there's someone at the door.
Brilliant.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

Oh I loved them and the comments! These are my faves:

There once was a girl named Lenore
And a bird and a bust and a door
And a guy with depression
And a whole lot of questions
And the bird always says
"Nevermore."

AND:

There was an old father of Dylan
Who was seriously, mortally illin'
"I want," Dylan said
"You to bitch till you're dead.
"I'll be cheesed if you kick it while chillin'."

Loved it! Hope you'll recover soon. Can you remember when your countdown actually read 600 and many days? And now you've done it! Mad, how time does crawl.

July 24, 2007 at 12:13:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home