Sunday, July 29, 2007

On the kindness of strangers

We really don't know each other, but I wish there was something I could do to help. Is there? I don't have money to donate, and I don't have proximity, but I have a computer and a brain and the desire to help. Please do let me know.
and
I just read your last post and am very sorry for the difficult moment you're in. Do you need some money? I have a job and could send you a little sum every time I get paid.
Oh brave new world, that has such people in it!

Thank you so much, M and M2, and the others who e-mailed consolations and material offers in response to that last post (which I've updated, by the way). I am moved to tears by the kindness of the Internets.

I appreciate the gesture and hope not to have to take you up on it. The ball is in my landlady's court (or will be as soon as the payment clears), and it's now a legal matter rather than a financial one. My understanding is that she can still require me to leave if she so wishes, but she cannot force me out without giving the usual period of notice.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've just read your posts.. oh dear! it looks like it will be sorted out but never the less, i would like to sign up with the help offerers. if there is anything i can do now or in the future do let me know.

July 30, 2007 at 11:01:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home