Friday, July 27, 2007

Title goes here.

Friday evening once again, the world has survived yet another week. I have mellowed out slightly after that last post, your empathy and some sound sleep worked wonders. Not that the circumstances have changed, but then again they weren't new last night either.

Working (really) on the database, had to write a new import routine for the vCard (.vcf) format to get a customer's data loaded. I discovered while doing so that there was a nasty error buried in some generic import code that I used in several places, so spent a few hours finding and fixing that. [Updated] just noticed while checking through the import, that I lost several important bits of information from a significant percentage of the records. Damn and blast, have to rewrite the routine again tomorrow.

Walked downtown in brilliant sunshine this morning for a cappuccino and conversation, rode the subway home to beat the rain. Ah well.

The swallows are still here; but I blush to confess that they aren't swallows and never were. They are Mauersegler aka common swifts. How embarrassing. Blushing apologies to all, and thanks to Arboretum for the correction.

Today's Friday Favourite is a song from a CD that I haven't played in a long while, which happened to be on in the background as I was working and which gradually worked its way into my consciousness. The song has a marvellous slow & cool groove, and nothing else, so I'd understand if it weren't to your taste; it may not be right for intently-listening-to as one does with e.g. Leonard Cohen, but I guarantee that if it were to sneak up on you from behind, your toes would be tapping and your head nodding. I am quite pleased that I thought to put this CD on after so many months if not years, I shall be hearing more of their stuff in future (though not in Hamburg).

Shabbat shalom, my dears.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Change one small thing. One small inprovement.

We can all list our failures and lacks, endlessly. We all get one life, to enjoy as best we can.

And you never know what is lurking around the corner for you, for good or ill.

At 28, I was divorced, underemployed, alone, poor, no prospects.

July 28, 2007 at 3:26:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

thank you.

July 28, 2007 at 3:16:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home