Monday, April 23, 2007

On having second thoughts

I took down a post which I'd written this morning, because the first two comments (Savtadotty and Antonia) proved that it was badly written: unclear, off-topic, not thought out, factually wrong. My bad. Sorry.

I shall rewrite it and post it again, probably tomorrow.

In other news the swallows are back! I saw the first of them circling above the rooftops this evening, as I was walking around the Feuersee with an ice-cream cone, taking the long way home. They left around July 28th; this is a week earlier than their return last year.

In other, other news courtesy of the great Neil Gaiman or rather his Web Elf, the fascinating and heartwarming tale of the rat tickler.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger * said...

udge don't say that. it was all interesting, all discussion...this is a blog, not the university...you raised many good points and I had objections only to less substantial things while in general I agree with you.
I really love swallows.

April 23, 2007 at 11:36:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Well, I disagree. Even on a blog, one may (should) write clearly and intelligibly. If you think that I'm a proponent of "rising tide lifts all boats" capitalism or an opponent of state subvention, then my writing was bad.

The post will be back, but I don't yet know in what form.

April 24, 2007 at 10:06:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger * said...

yes one should write clearly and everythign but I just wanted to say don't be too harsh to yourself.
What I found problematic in your post was that you on the one hand saw capitalism as a problem - or part of the problem while on the other hand you were strongly holding onto this notion that everything should be earnt which is a coreidea of capitalism. Looking forward to your new version.

April 24, 2007 at 5:15:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I'm excited about the swallows. And jealous. But here it is starting to get greener. I love spring.

April 25, 2007 at 6:09:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home