Friday, April 20, 2007

In which a milestone is reached

Georgette sends me an e-mail message. Not in itself unusual, we often exchange a half-dozen mails per day; but the tone of this one was different: exultant, triumphant.

Sixteen months to the day after the initial meeting with the Hobbyists, they have sold the very first copy of the cut-down database to a real live customer! (A woman, no surprise: I've remarked before that over ninety percent of the database users are women.)

Woo-hoo.

I would go out and get roaring drunk on my approximately 8.25 Euro share of the profits, but for two facts: 8 Euros only buys two-and-a-half beers, and I'm suffering from a sick headache that is about to send me back to bed for a while.

[Updated] it occurs to me that neither Partner nor any of his assistants informed me that they had actually sold licenses wholesale to the Hobbyists. Until I asked Georgette what the retail price was just now, out of curiosity, nobody had told me that they'd purchased a block of 200 licenses. How interesting. I shall have to have a little talk with Partner in the very near future. And send him an invoice for a few thousand Euros.

Today's Friday Favourite is a jaunty little tune from this CD. Enjoy.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

congratulations on the milestone

April 20, 2007 at 6:29:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! good for you!

April 20, 2007 at 9:27:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Sounds like an interesting partnership.

April 24, 2007 at 4:43:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Oh dear. Well, congrats on the 8.25 euros anyway.

April 25, 2007 at 5:57:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home