Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wednesday

Ten degrees presently, working towards a high of seventeen (probably the usual three degrees higher down here in the valley); the sky is blue but there's a definite haze of humidity in the air. Windows are open front and back, with the effect that birdsong is drowning out my CD player. For my tastes, this weather right now is perfect, summer need not be any warmer this.

I've finished writing my morning's e-mails and am about to walk downtown for a cappuccino before heading off to the architects' for the day.

I finished the exercises in the Interweb-database book, and appropriately enough arrived through experimentation at the central question, the alpha and omega, of Interwebicity: how do I (the server) know who you (the browser) are? How do I remember what you asked for last time, to give you more of it now? And crucially: how do I distinguish you, dear browser, from the friend to whom you sent an e-mail saying "Hey, look at this cool link"? because much as you like that friend, you probably don't wish to pay for her purchase.

Fascinating, just fascinating.

In other news the countdown is into double figures, only ninety-nine more days until the Ring in New York. I'm already as excited about that as about walking the Camino next month.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Anxious said...

I agree - this is the best weather. No hotter please!

April 11, 2007 at 1:31:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

26 C here at 6 p.m.= Summer

April 11, 2007 at 7:16:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger mark drago said...

NY, udge? cool. (literally: it has been quite chilly here of late, though I'm sure in 3 months the season will behave itself).

April 11, 2007 at 9:43:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home