Sunday, April 08, 2007

Ostersonntag

And a sunny Sunday it is too, the weather is brilliant. It has been warm enough that I haven't needed to heat the apartment during the day. I shall go for an afternoon walk after posting this, to get my daily intake of Vitamin D and fresh air.

After—I nearly said "hanging up," as in telephone; I do think of this as a sort of conversation with pauses—posting the last entry, I decided to seize the day night and worked through the first four chapters of a recently purchased book on writing databases for the Interwebs, which is the logical next direction both for my database project and for myself as a developer. Getting a very simple bare-bones web database published was surprisingly easy, being Mac-originated software it does Just Work; but making it work properly, prettily, quickly and above all securely will be dismayingly difficult and tedious. It appears that I shall have to write (and document and debug) many new routines: there will be much less re-use of code than I had hoped.

My iPod's batteries have begun to wear down quite rapidly after some two or three years of near-daily use, they now only hold a two-hour charge. They are of course replaceable (seventy Euros and up to ten working days) which I will have done while I'm in Spain. In the meantime I have been walking without the iPod lately and realize that using it changes the way I experience myself: I think more and better when walking without music.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

I find the shuffle useful mostly when I am sitting on the train or bus, and cannot get away from annoying folks. Or if I have a badsong in my head, repeating endlessly.

April 8, 2007 at 3:31:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the walk, feel "light".

April 8, 2007 at 4:33:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I have a 'regular' Ipod, but since I found myself walking and usually listening to my same 250 or so tunes in the 'walking' group I recently got a shuffle. Now a little postage stamp thing hangs from my pocket, and I don't have to carry the big one when out.

I too am learning Internet data theories. New stuff for me also, but interesting.

April 10, 2007 at 5:33:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home