Monday, March 26, 2007

On doing the Time Warp

I feel quite discombobulated today. I woke at a time which my clock declared to be 7:30, breakfasted, read and answered e-mail, and was nearly asleep at my desk by what appeared to be 9 a.m. So I did the logical thing and went back to bed (hooray for working at home) and slept until 11:30.

I blame the change to Summer Time yesterday. God knows why we continue in the absurd superstition that burning fuel to make electricity to light our darkened homes early in the morning is somehow better than burning fuel to make electricity to light our darkened homes early in the evening. I would truly love to see some statistics on electricity production and consumption that prove that this is worth the disruption it causes (raises the question of what "worth" might mean in this context, but so be it).

Another sunny day, blue skies and 15°C. I shall walk downtown to clear my head and have a cappuccino, in that order.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

I completely agree with hating the time change. Ours changed about 3 weeks ago and it is still awful. Though it is nice that it stays light until about 8 pm, I'd like some daylight while I'm headed to work in the morning.....

March 26, 2007 at 1:39:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I love all that is Spring except for Daylights Saving Time and springing ahead. I don't want to spring ahead. I want to sleep, dagnabit!

I hope you had a good nap. I wish I could work at home. Sigh.

March 26, 2007 at 4:23:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Over here we did it three weeks earlier, causing all kinds of heck with the computers and other devices (damn Microsoft and supposed 'auto patches') I just notice dark mornings.

March 26, 2007 at 5:14:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Unknown said...

Know just what you mean. I was one hour late for our film shoot on the beach. I didn't even have time for my coffee on Sunday.

March 26, 2007 at 5:29:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger nn said...

My poor body has such a hard time adjusting to Daylight Saving Time!

March 26, 2007 at 8:14:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Pacian said...

Here I heard it was so that it would be light while kids walked to school in the mornings.

Then again, perhaps it is to ward away the evil 'normal time-zone spirits' that awake from hibernation come spring...

March 26, 2007 at 9:36:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Anything we gain, is lost in tired people. Any group that needs different times summer to winter, should just change their schedules rather than screwing around with the rest of us.

Changed 11 March here, and I still am tired.

March 27, 2007 at 2:58:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home