Saturday, March 17, 2007

On hunger

I decided to eat no solids today, as a way of dealing with the stomach business, and have held to it quite well: a bowl of cereal for breakfast (because I don't take pills on an empty stomach and needed some aspirin), a cappuccino and croissant (luxuries don't count), a bowl of miso soup without tofu, a cup of tea and four biscuits. That quantity of food would get me to about 11 a.m. on a normal day.

Well, it's turned 8 p.m. and I am surprised to discover that I am not very much more hungry than I would usually be at this time after eating a hefty lunch. Given that I don't really miss eating for a day, perhaps I could and even should do this semi-regularly.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger * said...

udge, be careful, not that you become semi-anorexic :)

March 18, 2007 at 2:49:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Philip said...

Hey, worried about you . . . sending you an email.

March 18, 2007 at 6:59:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Unknown said...

interesting you should talk about this today, mate. i'm seriously thinking of spending a day a week fasting (or just liquids) ... i've heard that it can be quite a calming, meditative thing to do, quite apart from the detoxing effects ... not today, though ... *grins*

March 19, 2007 at 9:03:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Jean said...

Hope you feel better after that fast.

Hey, how nice to see your face! it cracks me up how like your previous avatar you actually look - how extremely clever of you.

March 19, 2007 at 11:08:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Thanks for the kind words, dear friends. As I said to Philip, I believe that the stomach problem derives from (a) my hiatus hernia and (b) too much stairclimbing too quickly. I should have warmed up to that with a few weeks of incremental fitness.

Antonia, I enjoy eating too much to become anorexic.

Jean, it was expensive too: all that plastic surgery...

March 19, 2007 at 12:39:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Hmm, how did this work? I love my solids too much, I think.

March 21, 2007 at 3:40:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home