Saturday, March 17, 2007

Progress report #1

I walked for three hours in my new boots today, and so far I'd say that they are fine. There is of course a certain amount of adjusting to be done: I have the impression that I use my toes much more than when wearing normal street shoes, perhaps because of the upwards tilt at the very front of the shoe. The soles are nearly an inch thick, which makes a tremendous difference if one is used to relatively flat, thin soles as most men are, I stumbled four times going up or down stairs which is about three-and-a-half times more than in 2006.

In other news this morning's putative migraine has retreated slightly and is now just a sick headache, hence the walking. It occurs to me that the constant swallowing of vile, bile-like stuff may in fact be due to leakage from my sinuses which I have only just noticed. (There, aren't you glad you read that just before lunch?)

In other, other news a little note to the customer who phoned me to report an urgent! crisis! work-impeding! problem with the database: If this alleged crisis is not worth three minutes of your time to tell me in detail what went wrong where, nor even half a minute of your time to make a screenshot and send it to me via e-mail, then it is sure as Hell not worth me spoiling my weekend trying to find the problem. Call me again on Monday.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

No more feet shuffling.

Oh, and,

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7108546

March 17, 2007 at 3:09:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

I just realized that I am completely provincial American person. Who else would read address as Stuttgart, Delaware?

March 17, 2007 at 4:46:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Pacian said...

Ew, ew, ewwwwwwww! I'm leaving my nose well alone and not planning on flushing it out under any circumstances, a la Zhoen's link.

Instead, I recommend amputation.

March 17, 2007 at 5:12:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Uh, yeah, ewww. Now where is my lunch?

March 17, 2007 at 5:33:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Zhoen, is that backed up by facts and truths or is it just a very strange fad?

Pacian, I was with you until you suggested amputation as the alternative. I need my nose to keep my glasses on. Damn, I shall have to rinse after all.

Savtadotty, old habits die hard.

DM, I like the chickenhead.

March 17, 2007 at 8:18:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Zhoen said...

It's a yoga practice. Don't think there have been any scientific studies.

March 20, 2007 at 12:48:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home