Sunday, April 08, 2007

The holiday spirit

climbing roses on a trellis against blue sky
roses_trellis
Originally uploaded by udge.
I have had a marvellous three-hour holiday this afternoon, walking in the Stadtgarten in brilliant sunshine under a cloudless blue sky. The day could not have been better, my mood would not have been brighter, had I been in Nice or Florence. (My dinner would have been much better, but that's another story.)

Holiday is a state of mind, not a place.

And (according to the forecast) tomorrow will be just as blue and even warmer. O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

I took over a hundred pictures of vegetation (and many bare branches) against the sky, seventeen of the best are on Flickr.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

He chortled in his joy.

April 8, 2007 at 8:34:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Anxious said...

I took some "looking-up-at-the-sky-through-trees" pics today - it was a beautiful day here too and there is some amazing blossom. Unfortunately, I only had my phone-camera though :(

April 8, 2007 at 8:55:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I'm so behind with reading posts and did the quick, I'm so guilty, scan and just have to say these are glorious pictures. I love tulips for Easter and the rose trellis against the blue sky are beautiful.

As to the insomnia, I don't envy you it at all but now I am craving hot chocolate. Mmm.

Callou callay indeed.

April 9, 2007 at 6:25:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger bushra said...

wow, you managed to whittle 100 pictures down to 17. i never know where to begin!

April 9, 2007 at 10:07:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Zhoen: indeed. I was surprised to learn that Carroll invented the word "chortle" which has become generally accepted.

Anxious: always carry a camera! (No, I don't either.)

DM: thanks.

Bushra: there wasn't any whittling done, really: all 100 or so are still on my hard disk. I only posted 17; the perceived necessity to trim and adjust them keeps the number of pix I post low :-)

April 9, 2007 at 10:19:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home