Thursday, January 04, 2007

On the kindness of strangers

home-made cookies
cookies per mail
Originally uploaded by udge.
Y'all may recall that I blogged some time back about some awful store-bought cookies. Joe in Vegas commented to suggest that I bake my own, then mailed me his favourite recipe and a bag of chocolate chips to be getting on with.

Yesterday, with the first post of the new year, a very large box arrived. It proved to contain two ziploc baggies of cookies of various types, but the majority were these: chocolate chip, peanut butter and raisin.

They are utterly delicious. Thank you so much, Joe!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger * said...

nice Teller mit Goldrand, I have also such ones - lovely story, kindness from strangers is not to underestimate :)

January 4, 2007 at 6:54:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Oh, that's so sweet. I'm glad you got cookies from him. I got a movie of Killer Klowns from Outer Space when I'm terrified of clowns - someday I will watch it. With the assistance of big strong men to beat up any clowns that find their way through the TV. Hey, it could happen.

January 4, 2007 at 7:27:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

That is so cool! Joe is a great person and what a nice, thoughtful gift. I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies! Are any of them left?

January 4, 2007 at 7:46:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Rigmor said...

AAh, I feel the cookie monster in me waking up by the thought of those cookies. I want a friend like that one too!

January 4, 2007 at 9:06:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

You might be getting me in trouble - I'll now have to watch for requests for cookies from other places.

January 4, 2007 at 10:29:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you posted about your "fourth New Year's Resolution: to give more OutOfTheBlue presents" i thought what a good idea this is. when you and i exchanged presents in the year and it gave me a lot of joy. i started thinking that i'm going to do this more as well - just give things for the sake of giving. i'm also interested to see what the karmic rewards will be like. looks like you're already getting some. :)

January 6, 2007 at 1:23:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a friend like that too! So lucky of you to have a friend like him. Nobody ever gave me cookies except my boyfriend and it wasn't even home-made.

January 6, 2007 at 1:39:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home