Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Under the wire

I shall write and post this, make my hot chocolate, hear the end of this wonderful CD, brush my teeth and then be in bed—all within the next 22 minutes, to keep my New Year's resolution. (The terms of the resolution said "in bed" not "asleep.")

Today was a good day. I read for a half-hour after breakfast, walked for an hour, then came home and backed up Burton and Alberich, then finally got serious and added 23 pages to the users' guide to the database. It's not the doing that's hard, I find, just the getting started. This is true of nearly everything I've ever done. Call it a life lesson.

What I didn't do is to go shopping. I have no cereal for tomorrow morning, and an acidic stomach and no yoghurt tonight. I am not really sure if hot chocolate is the right thing to take. We shall see.

Writing about reading reminds me that I haven't yet written up my reading list for December. Damn, but I can't do that in only fifteen minutes. It'll have to be tomorrow's task.

The aforementioned wonderful CD is Liszt's Études transcendante played by Claudio Arrau. "Harmonies du soir" has been repeated a couple of times. So lovely.

We (meaning G and U and myself) have been chosen from the hat to take part in another architectural competition, this time here in Stuttgart. Woo-hoo. I shall be doing a good deal of the work, since they are busy writing tender documents for the next stage of building works. Wish us luck.

4 Comments:

Blogger * said...

no yoghurt tonight....that really belongs to the survival kit, Weihenstephan....what is your New Year's resolution? Did I overlook something?

January 4, 2007 at 2:13:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger rb said...

good luck!

January 4, 2007 at 7:08:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

Best of luck in the competition! Sounds exciting.

January 4, 2007 at 7:47:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Rob said...

Good luck!

January 5, 2007 at 3:10:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home