Friday, November 10, 2006

Warm

The plumber was here, and the heating is again running. It is warm in my apartment, warm I tell you, WARM, ha ha ha hahahahahaha HAAAAA!!

Ahem. Sorry.

I am quite pleased.

In other news I called the Canadian Consulate here in Stuttgart to find out what time they close, so that I could submit my passport renewal application by hand rather than entrusting irreplaceable original documents to the post. Of course they're not open today, I was prepared for that, it is Friday after all. What surprised me was to discover that they are only open for twelve hours a week! two mornings and an afternoon. Bah. "That ain't workin', that's the way you do it" as Herr Knopfler famously said.

Of course I know that the consular staff work terribly hard for many long hours during the rest of the week. Oh yes, of course they do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

So glad to hear about the heating.

I always thought it was just Vienna that had stores/businesses and consulates/embassies that had weird and the very minimum number of open hours per week. Maybe it's a whole European continent thing.

November 10, 2006 at 8:37:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

Heat is good. Yes, very good.

12 hours a week? That sounds like a cushy job.

November 10, 2006 at 9:25:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Hello Anonymous, after looking at the link I concluded that you are a blogspammer and have deleted your comment. You are welcome to buy space in the left column should you wish to advertise on my blog, but I don't carry ads for free.

November 11, 2006 at 1:45:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Oh, spam, it's so much fun. Not.

I am glad you are warm. Getting caught up on blogs today. I cannot wait to have shiny pretty 6 mega something or another at home.

November 17, 2006 at 4:51:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home