Thursday, November 02, 2006

Cold

Damn, but winter is coming on fast. It's a mere 8 degrees outside right now, and not much warmer inside since the heating has gone off. When I spoke to the repairman two weeks ago (while it was still warm) he said something about the end of the month, and I left it at that because it was basically Warm Enough. Damn.

I have to go for a walk to warm up a little, get the blood flowing again. I shall wear my big thick Canadian winter coat, for the first time this season.

Two down, twenty-eight to go.

Updated for a crisis report: the repairman is scheduled (he's fitting me in while installing kitchen appliances for a woman upstairs) for next Friday, the 10th of November. This may cause certain difficulties, or an enormous electricity bill, or both.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anxious said...

It was -0.5C this morning, as I scraped the frost off my car!

But it's turned out to be a beautiful, crisp, sunny autumn day.

November 2, 2006 at 2:53:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor udge
sending you some of these little oranges for vitamine c

November 2, 2006 at 3:43:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

The temp's been dropping here too. I hate having to scrape the car in the morning and night. Yuck. I like winter, but you always need to account for more time.

Hope the electrician fixes everything quickly and inexpensively.

November 2, 2006 at 9:28:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Wow. Well I hope the stove and oven work so you can at least make hot meals! And also, that would mean you have some kind of heat source to cozy up to...

November 3, 2006 at 12:46:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I am less than pleased with the coldness. Fortunately I enjoy scraping the car off so that's a good thing.

November 6, 2006 at 7:09:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home