Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Reading

I laughed out loud at Mimi Smartypants today:
I just read a Christopher Hitchens quote where he said that the four most overrated things are champagne, lobster, anal sex, and picnics. Although I am not a huge fan of the Hitch, I liked that sentiment very much. I would like to organize a picnic where everyone eats lobster and drinks champagne and butt-fucks the other guests and yawns mightily with the utter dreariness of it all. More champagne, my dear? More backdoor action? Oh dahling I couldn't possibly. This whole scene is so last year.
The post's title is "Life's a beach and then you step on a dead thing" which I thought was pretty funny too.

File under "why I love the Internet:" the blog of the Dewey Decimal Classification:
Today is United Nations Day. Happy 341.23!

Interdisciplinary works on the United Nations are classed with the law of nations in 341.23 United Nations. Works on the internal administration of the United Nations are classed with the public administration of intergovernmental organizations in 352.113 United Nations. General works on United Nations forces are classed in 355.357 International forces. Works on United Nations forces in a specific conflict are classed with the conflict, e.g., UN peacekeeping forces in Somalia in the early 1990s 967.73053 (the number for History of Somalia, 1990- ).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what would we do without Dewey?

October 25, 2006 at 3:55:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Do we blog?

October 25, 2006 at 4:06:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger mark drago said...

yah.

October 27, 2006 at 4:19:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger brooksba said...

The quote from Mimi Smartypants is funny! I'll go check that post out once I'm done catching up.

Dewey Decimal System. Yes. That is why I utilize the card catalogue.

October 27, 2006 at 11:51:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home