Friday, November 10, 2006

Awake

Not that you should imagine that I particularly enjoy waking up this early, it just happens every now and then. Memo to self: that hot-lemon vitamin C drink is extremely dehydrating, take a large glass of water with it.

It's a pleasant night, crisply cold with only that slight haze in the air which passes for clear in Stuttgart in winter. Mars has just risen above the eastern horizon, the moon is just passing over the roof of my building, Orion hunts above the drugstore on the corner. It's very still, there is no traffic at all and very few noises of other kinds to be heard (when I leaned out the window just now trying to locate the moon).

It's an odd thing, this Internets of ours, or rather the oddity is in how we act in it. I dreamed that a blogger whom I read had announced that she was now together with one of the characters in her blog, and felt a stab of sadness and jealousy which woke me (and which still resonates). How odd to be emotionally attached to a person one may never meet, and has never seen. I should write a Metablog about this.

As long as I'm blogging (waiting for the hot chocolate, creature of habit and luxury that I am) this is as good a time as any to follow up on my post about training Georgette and Biff for the Art Cologne trade show. Georgette reports that the show went well, they captured the addresses of fifty "possibles" and sold four or five licenses. Hooray!

Ten down, twenty to go.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Love the line: "Orion hunts above the drugstore on the corner." What a great detail to share.

Dreaming of fellow bloggers is something I've done too. We do become emotionally attached to our blogging buddies. Was the two getting together a happy moment for them in the dream? Are you going to share who it was?

November 10, 2006 at 9:29:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Mmmmm, no, I don't think so :-) It'll save us both embarrassment.

Yes, her happiness in making that report was part of what made me sad.

November 10, 2006 at 10:53:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home