Friday, May 19, 2006

Hader

Laughing myself sore listening to Josef Hader on the radio: a one-man cabaret, he does all the voices and sound effects, at a pace and level of absurd invention that is just amazing. For the first half hour, I was sure that I was listening to a duo! Completely untranslateable, of course, some of it barely makes the transition from Austrian to German. Highly recommended to fluent German-speakers.

Hader co-wrote and acted in a film called Indien in 1993, which might be available subtitled in a high-class videotheque near you. It's a funny and sad story, an Austrian road movie about food and friendship.

1 Comments:

Blogger sirbarrett said...

I couldn't understand the interviews, but picked up on a few randomn words. Last night I was found out that one of my friends speaks German by chance and we were trying to talk it, then we ran into a couple from Stuttgart who were very nice.

May 21, 2006 at 1:31:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home