Saturday, April 29, 2006

Music mosaic

Yet again demonstrating my impeccable me-too-ism credentials, by following Heather's "my life in record labels" mosaic.

Create your own Music List @ HotFreeLayouts!

The database geek in me notes that the service appears to be accessing somebody else's collection of music information [true: Amazon], because searches often turn up results for which there is no cover image (somewhat defeating the purpose of the website); and I cannot help remarking that their indexing exhibits great suckitude: I found "Einstein on the Beach" by accident while searching for Robert Johnson (who died forty years before it was written), but it is not found when searching for Philip Glass (who wrote it and played on the recording that goes with this cover photo). Enough niggling, anything free is worth what you paid for it.

In other news the headlong rush of the seasons into Spring has suddenly taken a few steps backwards. It was a frosty this morning as I went downtown, I had to retrieve my winter coat from where I had optimistically stored it away. Ah well. The bats are out, I saw the first one a few evenings ago, but still no swallows.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

I constantly lose the music figth to books, am becoming quite the ignoramus...

9º!!! You poor, poor, used-to-the-cold-but-still man! We now have the most glorious weather. Tfu tfu tfu.

April 30, 2006 at 11:42:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger brooksba said...

I rather enjoy your music mosaic. The first thing I noticed was "Graceland." In my collection, it is one of my all-time favorites.

The weather is at that stage where it is coat-free one day, wishing you had something to cover up with the next here too. And so begins the rainy season here. I hope it warms up and the swallows returnsoon for you.

April 30, 2006 at 10:38:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Jean said...

Mmm. Nice music. I especially love Hejira, For the Beauty of Winona and Ingenue. And thanks to you I'm currently listening obsessively to Arvo Part's Passio.

May 3, 2006 at 3:55:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

It is indeed warmer, we had lunch sitting outside the office today (in Munich), and the swallows have also returned.

Jean: listening obsessively to Arvo Part glad to be of service! ;-)

May 3, 2006 at 4:12:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Heather Cox said...

I couldn't find the Vivaldi album I wanted to put on mine either. I can't believe you like The Boss and Batman. Very cool. :)

May 4, 2006 at 12:03:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

Massive Attack is a great group. I love the way "Angel" rumbles and builds up -and that guy's unique voice in that other song: "in my neighborhood...always a fussy fart, it gets me down..I've got to get away from here eh eh eh"

Have you heard K.D. Lang's version of Halleluia? There was a big debate on the radio yesterday whether her version, Jeff Buckley or the writer, Leonard Cohen's version is the best. While I credit Leonard on the poetry of the song my opinion is that Buckley's version has the most emotion.

May 4, 2006 at 2:08:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home