Monday, April 24, 2006

Ice cream evening

Walking home from work at 10pm this evening, the temperature was still at least 20°. The air was almost still, with a wonderful summery smell of fresh greenery and warm earth.

This was hopefully the last time this month that I will be in the office so late. Hah, would be a good joke if it weren't true. We have finished the first stage of the tender documents (invitation to bid on construction work) and may now enjoy a day or two of relative quiet before (a) gearing up for the next stage, and (b) reading, evaluating and making recommendations on the all-too-soon-incoming bids.

Anyway.

To celebrate being temporarily nearly finished, and also because it was such a wonderful evening, I bought my first ice cream cone of 2006 and walked around the Feuersee with it. A heron was standing in the shallow water by the steps, apparently fishing although I can't believe that there would have been enough light; but what do I know about herons? I watched it for a while, then walked home.

Life is good.

2 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Sounds like a lovely evening. Ah, I wish I could find a good place near my home to just purchase an ice cream cone.

April 25, 2006 at 6:45:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger * said...

see, udge, you had a similar nice evening like me, and work will anyway say hello again too soon....
here in the Netherlands are a lot of herons....they are indeed nice to look at...

April 25, 2006 at 7:28:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home