Friday, May 12, 2006

Purple

lilac5 wisteria_blossom redbush

Stuttgart is purple, blue and white: the lilac and wisteria have come into bloom all over town. The smell is intoxicating, nearly overwhelming: there's an air current moving from the kitchen through the office, and on it I can smell my neighbour's flowers.

I went for a walk this morning while the backup was running, and a wonderful day it is too. Sunny, cloudless blue sky, around 25°, with a gentle but constant breeze. Perfect weather, summer need not be warmer than this for me.

The soundtrack to this is In a space outta sound from Nightmares on Wax. Marvellous stuff, what we used to call "Acid Jazz", somewhere between Massive Attack and Lounge music. Some of it is pretty trivial, but the good bits (e.g. the track "I am you") are very good indeed.

I'm in an unusual mood today: bursting with happiness and good-will-to-all-mankind. It won't last; but while it does, it's kinda fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

I have those moments too, sort of exhausting in an inebriating kind of way. At first I read lilac and hysteria, which I for some reason find absolutely hysterical.

Feierabend!!!

May 12, 2006 at 5:50:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger brooksba said...

Spring! The lilacs are in bloom here too and any time I smell them on the air I stop and take a deep breath.

May 13, 2006 at 9:17:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I love Spring! There are so many lovely blooms all over the place and the green takes my breath away. Beautiful pictures!

May 14, 2006 at 4:41:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Mary said...

This is gorgeous.

You know, the first overseas trip I ever made as a schoolgirl was to Stuttgart (Unterturkheim/Luginsland) on an exchange trip ... so I read posts like this with particular interest - and try and imagine what the city must be like now.

And thanks for the music tip, I like trying out new stuff.

May 16, 2006 at 1:19:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home