Saturday, May 27, 2006

Blocked

My kitchen sink is blocked again, and has been since Thursday evening. I've been alternating between pouring Drano down it, and applying the Plumber's Friend. Nothing works, whatever is in there has set as hard as concrete. Every horizontal surface in the kitchen is covered in dirty dishes and the washing machine is full of dirty clothes, all waiting for the sink to be fixed.

I am basically in denial, pretending still to believe that I will not have to unscrew everything and degunk it by hand, probably with a hammer and chisel.

In other news The day at the races is off (well, the racing will take place but without us) as last week's bad weather has schlepped itself over into the weekend. Still cold, still raining. Blah.

In other other news I lost my umbrella. I went out earl this morning to the corner shop and got milk, then walked up to the Bauernmarkthalle and there looked at a few books and bought various provisions, then walked home. Packed everything away, prepared for the second half of my Saturday ritual, the walk downtown - and couldn't find my umbrella, couldn't remember for sure when I'd last had it in my hands. Looked all around the coat-hanging-up area where it should be: no umbrella. Looked in the office & in my briefcase: no umbrella. Looked in the kitchen, and under the chairs: no umbrella. Called G, asked whether I'd left it there last night: no. Went back outside and retraced my steps, asking all and sundry whether they'd found an umbrella: no. Damn. Went downtown anyway, wasn't rained on. Came home, and pottered around playing plumber - and found my umbrella drying out in the bathtub, where I'd left it last night.

4 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Yuck. I hope the sink is working again soon without slimy work for you.

It's too bad you're going to miss the race. I know you were looking forward to the day.

The story of the umbrella sounds like something I would do.

May 27, 2006 at 9:44:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger * said...

not even Drano works, then it is a real emergency....
you cant get Drano in NL - too poisonous or whatever - so I brought some bottles from Germany, just in case.
good luck with the sink.

May 28, 2006 at 4:39:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger * said...

did you try to pour half a bottle of drano and let it sinkin overnight? that has so far helped always.

May 28, 2006 at 4:44:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Poor congested sink. Have you tried decongestant?
(Can you tell I have a headcold?)

May 29, 2006 at 12:43:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home