Wednesday, February 22, 2006

This week's flowers

Red tulips
kw8_tulips3
Originally uploaded by udge.
Spring is nearly here, it's tulip time - even if these came from a hothouse in Holland or Egypt. I haven't had flowers on my desk at home for quite a while, it hasn't seemed worthwhile with the amount of time I've spent working elsewhere, but today I decided to give myself a little present, to cheer myself up a bit.

I do need some cheering up today.

As I said elsewhere: Sometimes (like today) I read your comments and feel like a warthog among butterflies: you're all so pretty, and the flying looks so effortless, but however high I jump, I always land back in the mud.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger SavtaDotty said...

I hope those tulips cheered you up as much as they cheered me up.

February 22, 2006 at 2:37:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking the exact same thing as savtadotty!

February 22, 2006 at 5:12:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Gorgeous tulips.

I also liked what you wrote about the warthog/butterflies. I don't like that you're feeling that way but the image made me laugh.

February 22, 2006 at 7:32:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

Beautiful tulips! They are a pleasant sight and made me smile.

You're not a warthog. It is a neat image, but I don't understand why you feel that way.

February 22, 2006 at 8:57:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Heather Cox said...

Lovely tulips.

February 22, 2006 at 11:10:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Dale said...

I think we all take turns playing butterfly to each other's warthogs, & vice versa. We'll swap places again tomorrow.

February 23, 2006 at 1:21:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Zhoen said...

I got cheap roses from Trader Joe's and found out Cat loves them. The leaves anyway. Found one cat saliva covered leaf under my foot in the dark this morning. Which was slightly confusing.

February 24, 2006 at 12:36:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home