Friday, February 10, 2006

Snow

This is the second long, hard winter (by German standards) in succession, it's snowing again this morning. Only small decorative flakes here in Stuttgart, barely enough to cover the toes of your shoes, but other parts of Germany are not so lucky. In the neighbourhood of our recent competition win in southeastern Bavaria, they have up to two metres of snow. The roofs of supermarkets and sports stadia are collapsing under the weight; in Poland last week, a collapsing exhibition hall killed some 60 people.

In other news I took down yesterday's post. On reflection I found it unlikely to help the cause of world peace and the spread of commonsense and tolerance, not that I seriously expect to see either of those in my lifetime. There has been much discussion of negative energy on 100 days, in particular the way in which it spreads like a contagious illness. And that's all I have to say about that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Fair enough.

I do, however, recommend The End Of Faith by Sam Harris.

February 10, 2006 at 4:30:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home