Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Reading list for January 2006

Currently reading
Jon Kabat-Zinn, Die heilende Kraft der Achtsamkeit
His Holiness the Dalai Lama, How to Practice
Marcel Proust, Du côté de chez Swann - still
Helwig Schmidt-Glintzer (ed), Die Reden des Buddha

Recently read
Will Johnson, The Posture of Meditation
Ross King, Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling

I leave as exercises for the reader, to spot the connection between and infer the reasons for (some of) the books in this month's list.

Next month's list
Last month's list

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Cox said...

You should read Wherever You Go There You Are, I forget the author but it's a good sitting mediation book.

February 1, 2006 at 6:49:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Janice said...

the author is Pema Chodron - I met her a couple times when she was on retreat in California at Sonoma Mountain Zen Center ... she's very small in stature, and I'd pictured her as large ... go figure

February 2, 2006 at 10:58:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

I just looked up WYGTYA, the author is Jon Kabat-Zinn :-) I'll try to find a copy.

Janice, I assume you were referring to the authorless first book in the list? The book I was reading is of excerpts from the canon; the "author" is Budda himself, the editor a certain Helwig Schmidt-Glintzer.

February 3, 2006 at 7:40:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home