Thursday, January 26, 2006

Not yet Spring

I spoke too soon, and the songbirds I heard a week ago are presumably having a hard time of it. The weather has turned cold again (well, cold by German standards: -3°C) and it has been snowing since yesterday evening. The whole city is white, all the trees and roofs; there is very little wind, so even the overhead power cables carry delicate lines of snow.

Not much else to say, really. I am meditating daily, with mixed results: some days are more conducive to calmness than others. I find it hard, when concentrating on my breathing, not to steer my breathing - breathe in, one two three heartbeats, breath out, one two three four heartbeats - and this is exactly what one should not be doing, but rather being a passive observer as the breathing happens.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

I'll trade you that -3 for some -8, which by current standards in this place is ... dare I say, warm.

January 27, 2006 at 4:24:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

Weather patterns have been a bit odd this winter, to say the least. In Minnesota, most of us are shocked and happy with the turn of "warm" weather we're getting. It's about 7 degrees C here and this is unusual for this time of year. We're normally around -4 or -5 C now.

I hope it warms up soon for you.

January 27, 2006 at 7:30:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Zhoen said...

A friend of mine says that I am the only person she knows for whom talk about weather is not small talk.

GCFU
(Global Climatological F-Up)

January 27, 2006 at 8:59:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I know that it's been amazingly warm here. 50 degrees F today. That is so not normal.

Poor birds. I hope the weather gets a bit warmer for them and you.

January 28, 2006 at 3:29:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home