Thursday, December 22, 2005

Solstice

Winding down slowly towards Christmas (I refuse to call it "Festivus" or whatever the hell else is fashionable today). I was reading over my blog posts from last year at this time, when I was in Canada visiting my family and relatives, and feeling somewhat blue. Winter in Germany is just not real winter, it's too warm and too wet. There is a big difference in comfort between walking in the rain at +2° and walking in snow at -2°, I definitely prefer the latter but what can one do? (Were you infer from this that it rained heavily today, you'd be right.)

Work is mostly finished, I have a few phone calls still to make and two CDs to burn for new customers, customized versions of the database including their letterhead and logos etc.

I will be spending two days in the Black Forest with G's family, which has become something of a tradition in the years when I'm not in Canada; then of course New Year's Eve with Chirpy. In the week between the two, I shall clean up the apartment and my life, putting things in order for 2006 (which incidentally is going to be a much better year than 2005 was).

In case I don't write again before then: merry Christmas, happy Chanukah and a jolly Kwanzaa to you and yours, dear readers. Be kind to each other, and above all to yourselves.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather Cox said...

Happy Solstice. :)

December 23, 2005 at 1:00:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Happy holidays to you!

You are so right about the difference between the rain and snow. I don't mind rain if it is warm rain but the cold wet stuff is horrible. Snow can be less annoying.

Sounds like you're going to be quite busy. I am excited to hear you're spending New Year's Eve with Chirpy. Yay!

2006 better be a better year. It should be.

December 23, 2005 at 1:22:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

Merry Christmas to you!

I am thrilled to hear you're going to spend New Year's Eve with Chirpy!

December 23, 2005 at 11:08:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Good Yule.

December 23, 2005 at 9:07:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Oh damn, I forgot the Yuleists :-( Hope they aren't too offended.

December 23, 2005 at 10:06:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Little Light said...

Blue. I determined that my life - or rather my blog - is a bit boring after reading some of the entries of the last year. Who cares what I think about anything? Merry post-Christmas.

December 29, 2005 at 7:36:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home