Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sans titre

From a recent (outgoing) e-mail:
The translation is on hold for a week, as the competition creeps towards the submission date.

Re database: I can't complain, the translation is saving my bacon this year. The truth is that my own database is a failed product, if it weren't the child of five years effort I'd close it down and move on.

Not sure how feel about having written that.
Cf. Ecclesiastes 2:11.

In more cheerful news there's a fresh meme going around: the first three commenters to sign up for the meme here and post the same promise on their blogs will receive a smallish present-thingy from me at some point during the next 366 (leap year!) days. Note that this will require informing me of your real-world identity and address, so those intent on secrecy and anonymity should probably refrain from joining in. [Updated: there have already been three volunteers, but hey: if you really really want to play, go ahead and sign up anyway.]

Seven down, twenty-three to go.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

what a fun little game....I've played along on my blog....

November 7, 2007 at 4:33:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I'll do it too.
But posting our private email conversations, oh my.

November 7, 2007 at 6:49:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Jean said...

Since it looks as though I may be just in time, I guess I can't resist trying to be the third. Also desperate for tomorrow blog post...

November 7, 2007 at 6:56:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Thanks for playing, my dears!

Please mail me your real-world name and address (on the left, below my photo) and state any allergies/preferences/strong dislikes that you think may be relevant :-)

November 7, 2007 at 8:04:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Ooh! I am 4th! Can I still play? Oh, look, your update says yes.

Thanks for providing an English translation.

November 7, 2007 at 9:36:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Patti said...

O, darf ich auch spielen? Ich tue alles was DM tut. Bitte? Ich werde das morgen posten.

November 8, 2007 at 1:39:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Sure, why not? Hello Patti, welcome aboard.

November 8, 2007 at 9:42:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home