Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Reorganize

1. Mail from the Münstermeister expressing his unhappiness that I am working on a competition while doing his translation. I pointed out that I took on the competition out of sheer desperation during the three months it took him to make up his mind (slightly more politely expressed, of course).

2. Phone call from G expressing his eagerness to see me in the office today and tomorrow (a statutory holiday, by the way), hard at work on the competition.

3. Slept until 10:30 after being in Second Life until after 1am last night.

4. Spent most of the time since then reading blogs and might-be-relevant-someday technical documentation.

Does not compute. I shall have to make some changes in my lifestyle and timekeeping habits. To this end, I shall:

  • Go to bed before midnight every night in November, and before 11pm every night in December.

  • Get up at 7am (or earlier if I happen to wake) every morning in November, and at 6am in December.

  • Spend the hours until lunchtime on the translation. Only e-mail reading is permitted before lunch; if you see me leaving comments on your blogs during the morning hours CET, please kick my stupid butt. (Actually, I found during last year's NaBloPoMo that the early morning was a good time to post; I might permit myself that this year too.)

  • The hours from lunchtime to early evening belong to "other work": architecture, visiting clients or other projects at home.

  • The hours between early evening and bed are free, to be spent on fun and amusement.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Ah, the downside of talent and success ! :-)

October 31, 2007 at 2:14:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

More like: the downside of laziness and self-indulgence.

October 31, 2007 at 2:26:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Pacian said...

Clone yourself and then divide up your tasks equally between the two of you.

Or, if biological cloning isn't practical, make a replica of yourself from papier mache.

October 31, 2007 at 3:42:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Diana said...

Sorry, I enjoy your comments too much to even contemplate kicking your butt, stupid or otherwise. I will therefore only enable your slacker ways.

October 31, 2007 at 3:50:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Oh no, I guess we will not be meeting much in SL this month. Probably for the best, I have too many projects falling behind as well.

October 31, 2007 at 4:31:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good resolutions. "Quit" is easy and I thought that lately you have been there way past curfew, not that is any of my business, but I understand. Second Life tends to become First Life™ at some point, or at least eat up some energy, if not managed. Here: need to write more too, and think less about virtual land business and be more creative. I just kicked myself out of SL today, after having spent more time there during the last few days than in this so-called first life, although for good reasons that eventually came to fruition. On this note, /me puts through a bug report for repairing this, and asks LL to add a highly questionable auto-Udge booter patch to the next viewer. And hopes to see you (there, too) anyway, but earlier.

October 31, 2007 at 6:50:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find that if I read blogs early in the day it sucks the life right out of me and I can get NOTHING done after that. I should follow your program!

October 31, 2007 at 10:06:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Zhoen said...

When you make a final decision for those hours, let me know, so I can convert and get the ruler out.

October 31, 2007 at 10:54:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Am I the only person who doesn't know what Second Life is?

November 1, 2007 at 8:38:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Well I have been writing about it fairly often :-)

It's a 3d virtual world occupied by avatars which are designed and controlled by us, the players; in contrast to most games, there is no scenario or goal or purpose to it, and the places and scenery and tools are all built by other players. The SL website itself is here.

November 1, 2007 at 10:59:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home