Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Finished

Just barely got everything done in time, G drove off to the courier's offices at 7:15 (we were far too late for a pickup). I haven't heard whether he got there in time, but I'm pretty sure that I would have heard if he hadn't done. The last nearly-an-hour of increasing nervousness was my fault: a combination of overtiredness and my natural know-it-all arrogance lead to a bad (foolish, stupid, irresponsible) decision, with the result that I had to print off a five-page form and fill it in by hand with G and U breathing down my neck.

I think it is a good project, but after spending seven hours in Excel calculating room sizes and the building volume I realize that we ended up pretty far from the brief in a few significant places. Meaning: we'll either land among the prizewinners or be sent home in the first round.

To bed.

But first, a cup of hot chocolate and my first (short!) visit to Second Life in about a week three days. Time is relative.

Fourteen down, sixteen to go.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the brave udge. clearly you have deserved your rest. now there is only to hope that insomnia does not strike.

November 14, 2007 at 10:11:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

And what happens if you do win? More work actually doing the reality?

November 15, 2007 at 12:35:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Zhoen said...

The reward for a job done well. Another job.

November 15, 2007 at 4:34:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Antonia: thanks, there was no insomnia. I slept until abt 10am.

Joe and Zhoen: yes indeed, as in Pinball the prize is to continue playing. (Thought one might be reminded of Sisyphus as well.)

November 15, 2007 at 10:47:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been in that situation so many times that i can truly empathize with you. once, due to a network crash in the 11th hour, i had to work the night through and fly the bid to romania on the first morning's flight (without sleep). i certainly don't miss that aspect of my former job. looking back, i have to say life is good. :)

November 15, 2007 at 2:05:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home