Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fiftieth

Well, the celebration has gone over well. We were fifty people in the end, one of my many second cousins had to cancel because of a kid's illness. Good food, good people, good speeches (including mine, if I may be so bold). My parents were pleased, and that's the main thing.

Now home again, listening to the murmur of conversation as my parents and their four best friends from university catch up on news old and new. It's the first time all six have been in the same room since 1953.

Reading Harry Potter, listening to the rain, feeling mellow. Happy Saturday, everybody.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Feeling home, far from home.

October 14, 2007 at 3:21:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to her everything went well & you have such a good time. Udge, I DO love the Graham Swift quote.

October 14, 2007 at 7:23:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Well, at the end of the last Potter book . . .

October 15, 2007 at 9:51:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

(fingers in ears) LA LA LA, I can't hear you.

October 20, 2007 at 8:49:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home