Monday, September 03, 2007

Busy, cold

Winter is officially here: the first snowfall of the year is expected in Allgäu (north of Lake Constance) today, the snow-line will be down to 1000 metres above sea level in much of the South by the middle of the week. It's still well above freezing in all of Germany, currently about 14°C here in town.

It's 11:40 and I haven't yet had breakfast. I've been on the phone since 9am; every time one call nears its natural end, the other phone rings and I have to ask somebody to call back. Hopefully the next caller-back will be the last, and I can have my morning cereal while it is still technically morning. Bah.

In other news has anyone else noticed the extent to which spamming has become a family business? I have spam from Norma P. Stinston, Norma R. Stinston, Norma S. Stinston, Norma U. Stinston, Norma W. Stinston, and Norma Z. Stinston; not to mention Jackie A. Whaley and her sisters B., L., N., S., T., and W. The Velasquez family only had three kids, the Chloes E., L. and T.; presumably they have to work twice as hard as the Whaleys.

Do the spammers really think that a different middle initial will magically fool our filters, not to mention our common-sense? (Maybe they're right; spam would stop overnight if people would stop falling for it.)

But the best spam of the day is from that hard-working only child Jankat Kirchmar: "Yo Udge, get rid of that self-esteem once and for all." Damn right.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

I don't suppose crunchy sounds make for a very professional image, no. Hope you're eating as I type this!

Above 14ºC, wow. Lucky you! [I was sunbathing yesterday - ah!]

September 3, 2007 at 12:31:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Bless xmission, spam filters, and my own obsessive email checking, the bounce feature, and the urge to squash bugs like spammers.

Damn those idiots who make the constant assault worth it.

I want snow. Or rain. Or temps below 90ºF (32C).

September 3, 2007 at 6:32:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Pacian said...

If you don't want your self-esteem, I'll take it off your hands.

September 3, 2007 at 9:25:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

90°F? Sunbathing? you poor things! (shudders)

Pacian: nearly new, VGC, hardly used.

September 3, 2007 at 9:54:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home