Saturday, August 11, 2007

Day off

Pouring rain, cold and windy. Bah.

That is all.

Well, OK, I can't leave it like that. I'm writing at my borrowed home, i.e. the bedroom of a holidaying co-worker whom I haven't met. I've discovered why I couldn't get my Mac to work with their WLAN: it's configured as a modem, not a router, meaning that it can't be shared. The other inhabitants are off doing Saturday stuff, so now I have Internet access. I've been spending the time reading blogs and catching up on e-mail.

If the rain ever stops I shall go out and try to discover where the "downtown" of Hamburg is, and what one might do there. This is not a suitable day for walking in the park by the Alster, but might be a good day for windowshopping and touristing.

Work seems to be accelerating backwards: the more we do, the more we discover that still needs to be done. There are great swaths of the project, whole theme-rooms, that are only sketched out and have never been properly considered. Poor Ingrid is still designing the exhibition layout! How can this be? I have to give AY a slap on the head for this: it's clear that he had no real understanding of the state of the project or how much remained undone, when he agreed to a timetable for the bidding materials. When I left at 10:30 last night, Ingrid was talking about working until the last subway at 1am, then coming in again today at lunchtime; Sunday is of course a normal working day for us both, and AY will allegedly be there to look over our work. We'll see. I am willing to bet that it will not happen: he will again ignore the reality of our current working situation in favour of having pretty ideas for things that might be useful in November. Bah.

More later, possibly.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Big foam hand, to slap 'em, without getting arrested yourself.

August 11, 2007 at 2:17:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home