Monday, May 14, 2007

Olite

Well, there has been very little walking done so far (at least not by myself, others have been more active). Yesterday should have been the first walking day, but it was windy as Hell and even worse the Foehn was blowing. I have never experienced it so strongly, it woke me at 5 a.m. as the wind changed, even before the storm began. I did not do an inch of real walking. Today alternated brilliant blue sky and torrential rain, so there was generally little walking done. I managed three kilometers before saying "this is absurd" and getting back on the bus. We are hopeful that tomorrow will be better.

Had a few hours in Pamplona, home of the famous bull run; tonight in a 15th century castle, supposedly the most opulent hotel/hostel/parador of the trip. Marvellous rooms redolent of wood smoke.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

So, no running either? What if a bull was after you?

May 15, 2007 at 3:12:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Oh, more old song lyrics - "Walkin' in the rain - "

May 15, 2007 at 4:49:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger brooksba said...

15th century castle? I'm so jealous. I hope the weather tames so you can walk and explore more.

May 16, 2007 at 9:52:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Yes, it was a marvellous hotel. I will update these posts with links when I have time, opportunity and my glasses.

May 20, 2007 at 5:29:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home