Friday, April 27, 2007

TGIF

Miserable day at the office, I very nearly told both G and U (separately) to kiss my ass. I think we can safely say that the experiment (i.e. my continuing to work there) has failed. It just is not worth the stress and aggravation and bad feelings. The worst of it is that this negativity is somehow contagious: I descend to their level and join in the bitchery and whining; I do not wish to be that person.

Two more weeks until Spain, hooray. Two days off next week, double hooray.

Headache, sore stiff neck (posture related = stress related); I shall go to bed as soon as I've posted this.

I would already be in bed if it weren't for the burning need, the absolute non-negotiable necessity, to post today's Friday Favourite: one of the best songs of 1979, from a band at the peak of its powers. I saw them at the Electric Ballroom in Hammersmith when they were touring this album; they played a twenty-minute version of this song that was many minutes too short: everyone was dancing, even the bouncers were dancing. Happy days.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the experiment didn't work out, although I can't say I'm surprised.... What's your plan now that you've figured that out?

April 27, 2007 at 11:44:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

I used to listen to "Burning Down the House" for hours at a time.

Oh, "the rocks and stones..."

Living well is the best revenge!

April 28, 2007 at 12:32:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that the headache will be gone by the time you wake up.

As regards work, sometimes it is better to cut all ties with past situations and start something different. Good luck!

April 28, 2007 at 9:04:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger * said...

hope you have a better saturday than the friday: coffee, balcony, braunes Rolltablett, italian food - triplehoooray....

April 28, 2007 at 2:10:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Oh no, I miss a few days and find the links expired. Oh well, better be quick next time.
Sorry about the work - hope something better works out.

May 2, 2007 at 6:18:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Pronoia: I don't yet have a plan. Thinking about what to do is the next item on the agenda.

Joe: that's why I changed from putting them up whenever it occurred to me, to regularly on Fridays. I don't want to leave them up for more than 2 days, to minimise the risk of some corporate bottomfeeder finding them (making the songs available is technically copyright theft).

May 2, 2007 at 7:57:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home