Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Broken

I don't know what I broke, nor where it happened, but the database is broken in Client/Server mode: a simple action that used to take one-fiftieth of a second, now takes up to twelve seconds to run. I've spent most of the day trying in increasing desperation to find the problem, without success: I've found and patched any number of trivialities along the way, but this one is defeating me.

Damn and blast.

Other than that, it's been a fine day.

[Updated at 1:16 am] well, I think I've fixed it. Perhaps. The database now starts as quickly as a version from last week that I recovered from a backup (always make backups!). To bed.

In other news yesterday's Wondermark hits close to home.

In other, other news Adam Gopnik writes in the "New Yorker" about gun control in the light of recent events.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger * said...

oh dear - hope the databaseproblem remains fixed.
sleep well.
(still no beautiful swallows here...)

April 26, 2007 at 2:30:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger mark drago said...

I thought Gopnik's article quite good; a bit of sanity. what are swallows?

April 26, 2007 at 5:09:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger * said...

beautiful birds they are. when they fly high it means good weather and when they fly low it means bad weather. they have a nice shape when they fly.

April 26, 2007 at 11:02:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home