Monday, January 15, 2007

Preparing

Yes, well, I'm terribly sorry that this post isn't in verse, but I'm just not in the mood for that today. I shall write sometime in the near future (probably in verse) about the process of blogging in waka renga aka Haiku's Grandfather, because it is a fascinating thing (to me anyway).

I am off to see a client tomorrow, deep in the frozen north, four-and-a-quarter train hours away (ICE train, no less) to install the database and give them a half-day's training on it. I was planning how to get from the train station to their office, so looked them up on Google Maps, and was amused to discover (a) that their office is on the very outskirts of the town, and (b) that it's nonetheless not even one single kilometer away from the train station. I am almost hoping that it rains, so that I can take a taxi without feeling either lazy or sorry for the driver to get such a short fare.

Lunch at a nice cafe in the central business district is probably a non-starter, remind me to eat on the train.

This is where I shall be, in case anyone is curious.

In other news courtesy of Jean, a trailer for a film that I simply must see!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to intrude...but i am too curious not to ask why you have CBC Saskatchewan (of all places) as one of the sites you visit? CBC I understand...but it is interesting that you choose Saskatchewan...unless you know people there i suppose....
thanks
-M

January 16, 2007 at 4:32:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Hello Curious, read back to Christmas/New Year of 2004/5 for the answer!

January 16, 2007 at 6:34:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger * said...

gosh Weeze? The world is small. How on earth? I had a friend there learning to become a farmer. Don't forget to go to Schloss Moyland to visit all the Beuys,the exhibition there is the complete overkill...

January 17, 2007 at 12:01:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Yes, just inside (this side of) the Dutch border :-) I'm already back home, alas, no chance to visit anything but the factory because tomorrow is a working day in Stuttgart. Next time...

January 17, 2007 at 12:04:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes :) next time. Weeze is really a 'where the streets have no name' place.
This museum is a class of its own... you see it there from the little photey: http://www.moyland.de/pages/staendigesammlung/

January 17, 2007 at 2:46:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

I guess I'm reading this after you are back. Google Maps are pretty nice and I do get a kick out of the satellite images. Did it rain when you were there so that you felt better about taking the taxi?

January 18, 2007 at 9:20:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home