Thursday, January 11, 2007

A day off

Unexpectedly
I have a day off from the
architects' office.

They have fallen behind in
writing tender documents

so my absence is
more useful to them than my
distracting presence

would be ("distracting" because
assistants must be managed).

This suits me quite well,
for today is mild: sunny
and blue-skied and warm.

I have pleasant things to do,
for instance babysitting

young Larry while Slim
goes to her house church for the
first time in a week.

I shall walk by the river
this evening on my way there.

With luck I may see
a blue heron in the reeds
by the riverbank.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you become very skilled at this game, udge! :)

January 11, 2007 at 11:45:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Anxious said...

I saw a heron on my way to work on Thursday! Though not a blue one...

January 13, 2007 at 1:07:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Lioness said...

Did you then? Birds are so bloody gorgeous!

January 15, 2007 at 1:38:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

In the end, I did
not walk by the riverbank:
the day turned rainy

and cold, so I stayed at home
until it was time to go.

There will be other
herons, some blue, and other
days to see them.

January 15, 2007 at 8:10:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home